HPC Infrastructure Specialist, atNorth, Göteborg
Do you have a passion for intricate High-Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure and seek a dynamic role in a rapidly evolving company? Does the prospect of developing and managing HPC environments motivate you? If so, delve into the details of the HPC Infrastructure Specialist role below!
In the position of an HPC Infrastructure Specialist, your responsibilities include the planning, implementation, and maintenance of intricate High-Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure. This involves providing support, management, and development for our HPC solution. A crucial aspect of your role is to guarantee a dependable and scalable solution encompassing CPU, GPU, InfiniBand, and diverse storage solutions. Your role is pivotal, playing a critical part in supporting HPC environments and facilitating high-performance computing and simulations. It is your responsibility to ensure that the infrastructure remains robust, efficient, and secure.
Your primary responsibilities within the team involve:
- Design, testing, and implementation of advanced High-Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure.
- Collaborating on the enhancement of the underlying systems that power atNorth's HPC as a Service (HPCaaS) solution.
- Overseeing and monitoring customers' HPC infrastructure, with a focus on minimizing drift and ensuring operational efficiency.
- Establishing close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to guarantee timely project delivery.
- Contributing to the ongoing development efforts to ensure customer success.
The position entails extensive communication and collaboration. As an HPC Infrastructure Specialist, you work closely with team leaders and project management to ensure the timely delivery of projects.
In this role, your reporting line is to the Director of HPC Operations, located in Iceland. We offer hybrid work arrangements but given that a portion of our team is based in Gothenburg, we prefer candidates for this position to reside in Gothenburg and the surrounding area.
Is this you?
To excel in this role, it is essential to possess extensive knowledge of Linux System Administration and proficiency in Configuration Management. Ideally, you have completed academic studies in computer science, informatics, or a related field from a technical university. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role is required, accompanied by a documented track record of successful implementations.
Moreover, a strong understanding of cloud solutions, expertise in virtualization systems, network management, and the design of data storage across various types is highly valued. Fluency in spoken and written English is a prerequisite, and proficiency in Swedish would be considered an additional asset.
We believe you possess a well-rounded skill set that includes proficiency in the following toolkits:
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience in the system administration of Linux environments.
- Previous exposure to configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Terraform, and integration with Git.
- Familiarity with KVM, Kolla, OpenStack, The Foreman, Ironic, InfiniBand/OmniPath CEPH storage.
- Competence in network design and configuration of switches/routers, coupled with a broad understanding of TCP/IP.
- Proficient scripting abilities in bash/python, along with some experience in programming languages like Java/Golang.
- Prior engagement in the supervision and monitoring of Linux environments and networks.
We highly value not only technical expertise but also personal qualities. We are seeking an individual who brings a humble and team-oriented approach to the role. Your motivation is fueled by curiosity, and you actively seek opportunities to learn. Moreover, you are generous with your knowledge and experience, actively contributing to a collaborative environment that promotes continuous learning among colleagues.
In the final stages of the process, a background check will be conducted.
Do you want to know more?
In this recruitment, atNorth collaborates with Level Recruitment. You apply for the position by clicking on the "apply" button next to this. For questions, contact recruitment consultant Stina Koskijev on 08-120 50 421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that no applications are accepted by email. Please apply with a CV where you clearly describe which parts of the role you have previous experience with.
The selection of applications takes place continuously.
Welcome with your application!
atNorth is a leading Nordic data center services company that offers sustainable, cost-effective, scalable colocation and high-performance computing services across Iceland, Sweden and Finland. The company operates seven data centers in strategic locations across the Nordics, with an eighth site to open in Helsinki, Finland in Q3 2024 and a ninth site to open in Denmark in Q4 2024.
With sustainability at its core, atNorth's data centers run on renewable energy resources and support circular economy principles. All atNorth sites leverage innovative design, power efficiency, and intelligent operations to provide long-term infrastructure and flexible colocation deployments. The tailor-made solutions enable businesses to calculate, simulate, train and visualize data workloads in an efficient, cost-optimized way.
atNorth is headquartered in Reykjavik, Iceland, and is trusted by industry-leading organizations to operate their most critical workloads. The business was founded in 2009 and acquired by Partners Group in 2022. For more information, visit atNorth.com or follow atNorth on LinkedIn or Facebook .