Head of Design & Production, McDonald’s
Food Folk, McDonald’s in the Nordics, is looking for a new colleague to champion and drive our design and visual identity, omni-channel retail marketing and production synergies across the Nordic markets.
The purpose of the role is to support the organization in building and maintaining the McDonald’s brand across the Nordics. As Head of Design & Production you will be responsible for all aspects regarding design, such as the McDonald’s visual identity, merchandising and production. A major part of the role involves identifying opportunities for efficiencies and synergies in production between the four markets in the Nordics and enabling the transformation to personalization at scale, including automated production of marketing assets.
It is a strategic role with high degree of own responsibility, and you will be working closely with colleagues in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden being their ally on anything related to design and retail marketing. To be successful in the role, you need the ability to have a holistic view on design as this role impacts all the touchpoints between McDonald’s and the customer – food and beverage images, menu boards, drive-thru signage, ordering kiosks, mobile & web, etc.
As Head of Design & Production your main responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for, and the internal champion of, the McDonald’s design including visual identity, omni-channel merchandising, and retail marketing
- Responsible for identifying Nordic productions to drive budget efficiencies and synergies and build a structured plan to deliver consistency across all touchpoints and the synergies.
- Developing the communication of food and beverages in a way that stimulates interest and purchase decisions.
- Being the point-of-contact between design and merchandising partners and internal stakeholders
- Responsible for creating and keeping an inventory of design assets across the Nordic markets and implementing with colleagues and partners an asset management system to enable sharing and efficiencies.
- Being the point of contact for the global McDonald’s organization related to design and retail marketing.
You can be placed in any of the Nordic capitals, but preferably in Stockholm. You will report to the Nordic Chief Marketing Officer.
Is this you?
We are looking for a person with:
- Academic degree preferably within marketing or design management
- Documented strong project management and person skills, preferably experience from working in a multi-market environment.
- Work experience from production at client side or design/creative agency where being responsible for managing complex productions including budgets, procurement and reporting.
- Experience with digital asset management tools and tech-savvy
- Fluency in English and at least one Nordic language
- Documented leadership skills and ability to engage and influence senior leadership.
- Ability to travel within the Nordics.
- McDonald’s experience is a merit.
To be successful in the role you need a strong understanding of how design and marketing impact consumer behavior and commercial success.
In this recruitment, your personal attributes will be of great importance. We believe you will be able to inspire and motivate the team as well as other stakeholders in a supportive manner. You have a commercial mindset – being able to translate insights into actionable recommendations that bring commercial value. As a strategic thinker you balance art and science with great problem-solving skills and you can view questions from a consumer perspective, highlighting the guest experience in recommendations and solutions. You have the capability to work to deadlines and set priorities independently and you’re not afraid to run projects hands on. Moreover, you have excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills for clearly presenting your findings, recommendations and plans to both internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, you are a team player who has good ability to work cross-functionally with many contact areas.
Do you want to know more?
In this process McDonald´s is working with Level Recruitment. To apply, please click at the apply button. Please apply with your CV in English. If you have any question, please contact recruitment consultant Camilla Jonsson at 08-120 50 430.
McDonald’s (under Development Licensee Food Folk) is the market leader in quick service restaurants in the Nordics with 20.000 employees across the four countries. With over 200 restaurants in Sweden we are the leading restaurant chain and one of the largest employer for youths. Most of our restaurants are operated and owned by local franchisees. We aim to make the choice easy for our customers and therefore we present a broad menu with something for every taste, preference and budget.
Our ambition as an employer is to make a difference and our sustainability work is based on three areas – food, people and environment. Our employees are our greatest and most important asset. Read more at www.mcdonalds.se, www.mcdonalds.dk, www.mcdonalds.fi, www.mcdonalds.no or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.