Head of Product Management to Xylem
For our client Xylem we are seeking a business focused and commercially oriented Head of Product Management to one of Xylem´s five Growth Centers; Treatment. The role offers you the opportunity to be a part of, and to take the lead in, transforming Treatment from a more hardware driven growth center to become more commercially oriented where services, data analytics and other customer driven needs are in focus. You will have personnel responsibility over two Product Managers and one Marketing Project Manager, all located in Sundbyberg.
The Head of Product Management is responsible to manage, develop and drive profitable business growth of Xylem´s Mixer segment world-wide. You are responsible for the execution of product assortment initiatives and you are the link to product development and operations. You will also be responsible for all daily product management to the sales organization including setting pricing frameworks and special orders handling.
Key responsibilities includes:
- Strategy and business development for the Mixers business to secure profitable growth, in alignment with the global Xylem strategies.
- Identify and quantify new product opportunities.
- With team develop product definitions for new products, participate on new product development programs.
- Be responsible and accountable in a matrix relation with the sales organization, for the consolidated volume and profitability development of the mixers business in accordance with Xylem
- Treatment short and long term financial and strategic objectives.
- Long term assortment management and product roadmap.
- Setting and agreeing of sales targets by product sub-segment and geographical market and execute against those targets.
- Strategic market pricing and transfer pricing policies.
- Market communication for the Mixers business, exercised in co-ordination and co-operation with the Xylem Treatment global communications function.
- Lead the control and follow up of ongoing product development related to treatment and act as a link to R&D and Operations functions. Assigner of product development.
- Contribute to the long term vision, strategies and objectives of Growth Center Treatment.
- Be responsible for own staff and talent management and development within the department.
In addition to the above you will be overlooking the different processes within Product Management to assure they are effective and commercially oriented.
Work location is in Sundbyberg and you will report to the EMEA Treatment Manager, located in Switzerland. The ability to travel up to 25-30% of your time, mainly in Europe and the US is a must.
You are offered a varied role in an international company working with continuous improvement. Excellent opportunity for further development is another benefit an employment at Xylem provides.
Join Xylem´s sports club ”Xylem IF” and train or compete within swimming, football, running, skiing or other sports. Join the Art Club to participate in art raffles, showcase own artwork or go to the theater. All employees can also apply and maybe get the opportunity to go on a volunteer trip with Xylem Watermark, their business program for community initiatives: www.xylemwatermark.com
Experience, education & personality
We are looking for a candidate with a commercial experience within the Product Management Area. You have worked in a manufacturing industry, ideally from rotating equipment/ the automation area. You have a deep understanding of lifecycle management and experience from personnel responsibility. If you have experience from a global industrial company and/or a
Green Belt certification we see it as a strong merit.
A university degree within a relevant field is a must. Excellent communication skills in Swedish and English, both written and oral are essential.
We are looking for a candidate with strong social networking skills and the ability to influence others. You must have a strategic acumen and be interested in and well familiar with portfolio management. To be successful in this position project management skills and the ability to analyze market and competitive data, to determine implications for Xylem’s business strategy, is necessary.
We’re 12,700 people unified in a common purpose: creating innovative solutions to meet our world’s water needs. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. We move, treat, analyze, and return water to the environment, and we help people use water efficiently, in their homes, buildings, factories and farms. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise, backed by a legacy of innovation. For more information about Xylem, go to www.xyleminc.com