Senior KYC/AML Analyst to EFA, Stockholm
Do you have a solid experience in KYC/AML and are you ready for the next step in your career? Are you motivated by working in a key position where you will be part of establishing a Nordic office for one of the leaders in the outsourcing market in Luxembourg, Europe’s largest fund center?
EFA offers you a unique opportunity to be part of a committed journey with the aim of becoming the leading investor services platform in the Nordics.
EFA has serviced Asset Managers in the Nordic countries for over 15 years, as a next step to get closer to each customer and to be able to grow even more the time has come to open a Nordic office based in Stockholm. For this establishment we are now looking for a Senior KYC/AML Analyst who will play an important role both in terms of performing DD such as acting in the position as a leader for more junior colleagues. You will organize, perform and manage, in coordination with the team leaders in Luxembourg, the Swedish office activity on Initial and Ongoing Due Diligence (“IDD” and “ODD”) mainly focusing on Swedish clients but other non-Swedish clients can also be dealt with in support of the Luxembourg activity, as the case may be.
Your key responsibilities:
- Occasionally analyze new EFA relationship, performing the appropriate Due Diligence (“DD”), gathering information on clients with which the Company is looking to engage into a contractual relationship.
- Explain the Luxembourg AML/CFT requirements, adapted to the Swedish market (and other Nordics markets as the case may be), to investors and clients to facilitate the understanding and onboarding process.
- Ensure completeness of KYC document files and retention of evidence of performed DD, ODD and findings.
- Assist line management in the preparation of appropriate reports for internal as well as external parties (Management Companies, AIFMs, GPs, official TAs…) and authorities where relevant, on ODD status, blocked accounts, high risk individuals and ad hoc demands.
- For high risk clients in particular, prepare the Memorandum for EFA’s Compliance and then manage the agreed pre-approval process with the governing bodies of the Fund.
- Monitor Blacklist, adverse media and PEP screening results and transactions in accordance with the related monitoring rules defined with Compliance, and perform appropriate case by case analysis to report suspicious cases to line management and Head of CDD.
- Participate in the review, update and maintenance of the team, department and company procedures related to AML/CTF matters.
- Be a key point of contact for the Client Service Delivery Managers and the commercial teams on new and existing AML customer matters.
EFAs office will be located in central Stockholm, the position reports to one of the DD-teamleaders in Luxembourg.
As an Analyst for EFA you can expect a varied, demanding, and developing position with a large scope for action as well as lucrative employment conditions and social benefits.
Is this you?
To be successful in this position you need to have between 4 and 8 years’ experience (or even more) in the financial industry in Sweden with direct exposure to AML matters, managing AML/KYC aspects, participating actively in IDD and ODD programs. You have knowledge of FATCA and CRS requirements. Either you have previously leadership experience working with direct reports. If not, this is the next naural step for you. It’s a big plus if you have experience from Luxembourg AML framework and regulation such as knowledge of Open-Source Intelligence techniques.
You have a university degree in Finance, Economics, Law or Financial Crime courses. Excellent Swedish and English is a must have.
In this recruitment, your personal qualities will be of great importance. We are looking for a person who has great leadership skills, a high energy and who is willing to take on a new challenge and the next careerstep. We are looking for a communicating, diplomatic and pragmatic profile who is able to deal directly with internal and external Institutional clients. To be successful in the role, you need to have excellent organizational skills, being a strong decision and initiative taker. Furthermore you are capable of working under pressure with commitment to deliver under tight deadlines.
EFA is an independent company servicing all types of investment vehicles, including private equity, real estate, hedge funds and funds of hedge funds as well unit-linked insurance products. EFA is one of the leaders of the outsourcing market in Luxembourg, Europe’s largest fund center. EFA’s range of services includes: Net Asset Value calculation, bookkeeping and portfolio valuation, transfer agent and registrar services, fiscal services, compliance and risk management, performance measurement and attribution, domiciliation and reporting solutions, ESG Services.EFA is present in Luxembourg and in Paris (via EFA France). More information is available at www.efa.eu.