Suppliers Quality Assurance Engineer till DeLaval!
Do you have experience in leading various projects with external suppliers?
Do you want to be part of, and contribute to, the DeLaval Suppliers Quality Assurance team, and most importantly to develop and support our external suppliers?
Then you may be the one we are looking for!DeLaval is now looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer to join our high- performing Global Quality Team.
It is a strategic and demanding role with high degree of own responsibility. Be a part of the DeLaval Global Quality team and you will have several internal networks as well as various projects with external suppliers. In this role you will be responsible for tasks as; improvement/development activities, audits, new products implementation. The role also offers opportunities to be involved in internal quality assurance processes development and enhancement.This is an exciting, challenging, and cross-functional role that will ensure both professional growth and development. If you are looking to expand your horizons, then you should consider this position.
As Suppliers Quality Assurance Engineer at DeLaval, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Assess new and existing suppliers by performing suppliers’ quality evaluation and suppliers process audits
- Drive corrective actions from audit findings and reported claims and drives completion of tasks
- Analyze supplier process data to assist in solving complex quality problems
- Developing and supporting the implementation of quality requirements at suppliers
- Support new parts and new products introduction by working closely with suppliers and ensuring compliance to process
- Facilitate resolution of problems related to misunderstanding or misinterpretation of product specifications and tolerances
- Monitor the supplier’s performance indicators, communicate expectations and take actions with suppliers in order to meet targets
- Coach suppliers in the deployment of quality tools and processes
- Taking active part in building suppliers development tools and processes within DeLaval
- Work closely with appropriate Sourcing Manager and Project Sourcing Manager to manage overall supplier performance
The position is based at DeLaval’s headquarters in Tumba, Sweden and reports to SQA Manager based in Wroclaw, Poland, and will be part of the Global Quality Team. This role contains several monthly travel days to suppliers or other DeLaval locations. While traveling it’s necessary to go by car to the suppliers and therefor driving license is a requirement.
Is this you?
We are looking for someone with a university degree in engineering or equivalent. You have solid experience within Supplier Quality Assurance, 3-5 years of appropriate professional background is required. Desirable if your background is within an international industrial company working with metal or electrical commodities and experience in performing external suppliers’ audits and driving improvements with suppliers. Moreover, you have profound knowledge of methods and Quality and Assurance “toolbox” (i.e APQP, PPAP, FMEA, 8 D and more) in combination with experience of ISO Standards. In addition to this it is a plus if you have experience with Six Sigma and having Black or Green Belt. To be successful in the role, you have strong engineering analysis skills and good knowledge of statistical analysis, methodology and tools.
Strong oral, written and presentation skills in English are required.
In this recruitment, your personal attributes will be of great importance. We believe you are independent and self-driven person with strong communication skills. You are resilient, optimistic, and open to change as well as self-motivated and able to work well under pressure. You are a team player who interacts professionally both internally and externally and you enjoy finding pragmatic new ways to improve processes that affect positive to the company business result.
Our vision is to make sustainable food production possible. As a company built on innovation, we constantly work to find ways of helping our customers, dairy farmers, do more with less by providing world-leading milking equipment and solutions. Today, DeLaval has approximately 4,500 passionate professionals operating in more than 100 markets around the world. DeLaval is part of the Tetra Laval Group. See more at www.delavalcorporate.com.