Senior Water and Wastewater Treatment Process Engineer to Xylem
For our client Xylem we are seeking a Senior Water and Wastewater Treatment Process Engineer. Xylem builds world class engineering and technology competency to create a long term strategic advantage.
The Senior Process Engineer is the process technical expert for the design, development and implementation of new water and wastewater treatment processes.
The position is located at the Swedish headquarter in Sundbyberg. You will be a part of a team that develops industry leading water and wastewater products. The position reports to Process Engineering and R&D Manager.
You will work with development of new products, new applications, and improvement of existing products through mathematical evaluation, laboratory, and pilot testing for wastewater treatment.
In the role you will support manufacturing, sales, and marketing programs. You will also assist in improving and increasing awareness of changing market conditions to improve Xylem’s technological and competitive position.
You are expected to:
- Lead water and wastewater projects and initiatives with broad scope and high impact on the business.
- Ensure that developed products meet quality and reliability requirements, promotes use of new technologies and utilizes the company’s best practices. Other duties that as assigned.
- Prepare and implement development plans and schedules for new products, new applications, and/or new concepts.
- Develop approach to meet technical and program requirements and is responsible for overall development of Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), mass balances, and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID), measurement and control systems.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise.
- Develop practical and innovative ways to identify and meet goals.
- Act as an internal consultant for major projects to ensure quality control, promote new technologies and implement best practices.
- Manage the development schedule and testing expense budget.
For more information: http://impeller.xyleminc.com/en/2014/11/27/xylems-cutting-edge-research-on-water-reuse/
Experience, education & personality
You have an Engineering degree of 4 years or equivalent, and preferably a BS/MS Environmental or Chemical Engineering, Biology or Chemistry. During your education you have done course work in water and wastewater process design and have gained a good understanding of conventional water and wastewater treatment systems, and industry standards.
Minimum 5 years engineering product and/or process development experience in municipal water and wastewater treatment design is required, in addition to practical experience designing and developing water and wastewater processes, instrumentation and control philosophy is a plus.
You also have deep understanding of water and wastewater treatment equipment and process.
In this recruitment, your personal attributes will be of great importance.
We are looking for a curious and thorough person. You have the ability to communicate effectively and lead project teams to successful project completion. We expect you to be able to work independently, take initiative and be a self-motivator.
Xylem offers you an exciting career in an international environment, with a global network of sales companies, suppliers and manufacturers. You will work actively with other departments, researching and developing new technologies and products and managing existing ones, supporting our mission to become the leading edge of the biological treatment.
Xylem is 12.700 people unified in a common purpose: creating innovative solutions to meet our world’s water needs. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. We move, treat, analyze, and return water to the environment, and we help people use water efficiently, in their homes, buildings, factories and farms. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise, backed by a legacy of innovation. For more information about Xylem, go to www.xyleminc.com.